logo Back to L.A. Spurs
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
L.A. Yiddo  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 9:27:22 AM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

Hello LASpurs!

As you all know, since 2006 we have been moving from pub to pub in the Los Angeles area to pick up as many Spurs fans as possible and to increase the coverage and presence of the LASpurs in the city.

Almost 7 years on we have reached that goal (and more), and now propose to make the Kings Head II in Studio City our permanent home pub! If you have any thoughts/comments please let us know either here or on the following-

1. LASpurs Facebook Page - facebook.com/laspurs

2. LASpurs Twitter Feed - twitter.com/LASpurs

Thanks!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

The LASpurs Board

Edited by user Monday, April 8, 2013 9:49:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

We're the L.A. we're the L.A. we're the L.A. TOTTENHAM!!

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your L.A. Spurs Forum forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Edertron  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 9:50:42 AM(UTC)
Edertron

So far in west LA :( Although I assume most of you lot live out there haha
L.A. Yiddo  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 9:51:58 AM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

Edertron wrote:
So far in west LA :( Although I assume most of you lot live out there haha

Yeah it's a bit of a trip from Montebello, we have people that come in from Orange County and Moorpark though!! Dancing Dancing

Hopefully catch you at a game soon!

Edited by user Monday, April 8, 2013 9:58:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

burbankyid  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 11:19:00 AM(UTC)
burbankyid

It is a great idea.

The bar is dead keen on having us, Ian behind the bar is a super chap and openly welcomes the proposition, even after having hosted us for most of this season !!!
it is as good as it gets for access from Hollywood, most of the Valley and such areas. If you live in Montebello or Orange County it won't make much of a difference where we go in regards to the long trek you make (nicely done to all who come so often from far & wide - sorry, but it is the LA Spurs so the chances of a home bar in Fullerton is a little off!!) but I have been a firm proponent of having a permanent home for us for quite some time.
It takes the guesswork out of last minute planning and choices of venue, enabling those who do travel from long distances to mentally prepare !! They have guaranteed to open up for all our games, even the early ones, which was the black spot for the Cat and Fiddle. There is even talk of a projection/big screen in the sit-down area. We will be able to put up memorabilia and such-like.
It gets my vote as the most suitable place for all of us....a bit of a compromise for some more than others as most of you know.....
All quite exiting really, even if I fear our season, barring a miracle, is slipping away again....
If we are God's Chosen Team how come we get the shaft so often eh ???? I do not appreciate his sense of humour.....

Whitey P.
L.A. Yiddo  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 11:29:38 AM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

burbankyid wrote:

It is a great idea.

The bar is dead keen on having us, Ian behind the bar is a super chap and openly welcomes the proposition, even after having hosted us for most of this season !!!
it is as good as it gets for access from Hollywood, most of the Valley and such areas. If you live in Montebello or Orange County it won't make much of a difference where we go in regards to the long trek you make (nicely done to all who come so often from far & wide - sorry, but it is the LA Spurs so the chances of a home bar in Fullerton is a little off!!) but I have been a firm proponent of having a permanent home for us for quite some time.
It takes the guesswork out of last minute planning and choices of venue, enabling those who do travel from long distances to mentally prepare !! They have guaranteed to open up for all our games, even the early ones, which was the black spot for the Cat and Fiddle. There is even talk of a projection/big screen in the sit-down area. We will be able to put up memorabilia and such-like.
It gets my vote as the most suitable place for all of us....a bit of a compromise for some more than others as most of you know.....
All quite exiting really, even if I fear our season, barring a miracle, is slipping away again....
If we are God's Chosen Team how come we get the shaft so often eh ???? I do not appreciate his sense of humour.....

Whitey P.

Well said mate.

Some good points on facebook too which I'll list:-

- Priority on bar areas if more than one game on.
- Large drop down screen in other room in KHII.
- Spurs / LASpurs scarves in the 'pantry' area.
- Matchday pint specials?
- Spurs / LASpurs Memorabilia on the within the pub.

I'll keep this list updated as I get comments!

#COYS
Rolfe  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 12:29:11 PM(UTC)
Rolfe

Man

L.A. Yiddo wrote:
burbankyid wrote:

It is a great idea.

Whitey P.

Well said mate.

Some good points on facebook too which I'll list:-

- Priority on bar areas if more than one game on.
- Large drop down screen in other room in KHII.
- Spurs / LASpurs scarves in the 'pantry' area.
- Matchday pint specials?
- Spurs / LASpurs Memorabilia on the within the pub.

I'll keep this list updated as I get comments!

#COYS

I am all in favour of going to the Kings Head II. Great location, venue atmosphere etc. One of the main advantages is the the LA Spurs will be the primary stake holders. Other bars and pubs have other teams as there primary supporters club and the LA Spurs is at a juncture where we need to do the same. I am in full agreement at this stage of the club's development in having a home Pub/bar to watch games.
Bringing Back the Cup to Tottingham
- We are Tottenham, We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham from the Lane, We are Tottenham, Super Tottenham, We are Tottenham from the Lane! UserPostedImage
Tina_Hotspur  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 1:34:17 PM(UTC)
Tina_Hotspur

Woman

I am a fan of the place even with my long distance drive from the South Bay. Ian and all the staff are great and very accommodating. It's nice to feel welcome! Another big bonus is that we can always find free parking without have to trek too far. Definitely gets my vote!
SpursLA  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 2:26:00 PM(UTC)
SpursLA

Just wondering why we fell out with Fox & Hound? They had a couple waitresses there that made it just great
nashford  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 4:08:15 PM(UTC)
nashford

I'm totally behind the KHII idea as home pub, Ian and crew have welcomed us with open arms. Opening up for us early doors demonstrates total commitment, we owe to return the favor.. Our plate's above the bar, lets make the whole pub ours.
L.A. Yiddo  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 5:40:36 PM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

SpursLA wrote:
Just wondering why we fell out with Fox & Hound? They had a couple waitresses there that made it just great

We never fell out with the Fox & Hounds. With the opening of the Kings Head it's a far better option for us as they will open anytime and have no conflicts with other supporters groups. Times in the past at the Fox & Hounds we were relegated to the corner of the main bar area near the toilets, that's just too small for us. It's not our 'Home pub' and they, quite rightly, give the main room to the supporters clubs that make that pub their home.

Looking toward the future The Fox & Hounds is too small for us anyway. The crowd we had for the Ars*n*l game wouldn't have fitted in there.
MaryMalone  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:46:52 PM(UTC)
MaryMalone

I think it's a great place for us to call home.
northernspur  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:25:55 AM(UTC)
northernspur

Man

I will also give it the thumbs up although it is quite a jaunt for me Dancing
L.A. Yiddo  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:45:55 AM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

MaryMalone wrote:
I think it's a great place for us to call home.

Dancing Applause Dancing Applause Dancing Applause Dancing Applause Dancing Applause Dancing Applause Dancing Applause
L.A. Yiddo  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:46:16 AM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

northernspur wrote:
I will also give it the thumbs up although it is quite a jaunt for me Dancing

BUT WORTH IT!!

Whistle Whistle Whistle

Dancing
COYS N17  
#15 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 4:47:05 AM(UTC)
COYS N17

L.A. Yiddo wrote:
Hello LASpurs!

As you all know, since 2006 we have been moving from pub to pub in the Los Angeles area to pick up as many Spurs fans as possible and to increase the coverage and presence of the LASpurs in the city.

Almost 7 years on we have reached that goal (and more), and now propose to make the Kings Head II in Studio City our permanent home pub! If you have any thoughts/comments please let us know either here or on the following-

Thanks!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

The LASpurs Board

Move to Houston already, ya c***
...with a Portuegese tan and Maddie in van, Wenger is a f*cking pedophile.
L.A. Yiddo  
#16 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:44:34 AM(UTC)
L.A. Yiddo

COYS N17 wrote:
L.A. Yiddo wrote:
Hello LASpurs!

Thanks!

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

The LASpurs Board

Move to Houston already, ya c***

UserPostedImage
Edertron  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:27:09 AM(UTC)
Edertron

Can't wait to catch a couple of the last games at the kings head, looking forward to next season already!